Swingle Seasonal Tips - Spring
Grilling Recipes: Honey Orange Basil Chicken
Grilling meals outside can produce some of the most enjoyable meals you will have with family and friends. The month of May is perfect for grilling in Colorado! Days are warm and evenings are cool. It’s the perfect month to start bringing your culinary skills outdoors!
Here is a simple and delicious recipe to try, good for beginners and grilling experts alike.
Honey Orange Basil Chicken
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, or to taste (or fresh if you have it)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- In a large, resealable plastic bag, mix the orange juice, oil, honey, parsley, basil, orange zest, salt, and pepper. Place chicken in the bag, seal, and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat the grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the chicken on the grill and discard marinade. Cook chicken 15 minutes, turning once, or until juices run clear.
- Using fresh parsley and basil from your garden helps to make this dish refreshing, healthy and extra tasty. Pair this with a nice side salad or pasta to make an entire meal.
Enjoy your outdoor space this May with excellent grilling recipes, fresh herbs and healthy meals to share with your loved ones!