Summer Dinner Idea Party On the Patio
Summer Dinner Idea: Party On the Patio
Summertime is the best time to get together with friends outdoors. Make time to relax and unwind with friends this season with a dinner party on your patio!
Create a simple dinner menu that is scrumptious but that won’t break the bank. Depending on the dietary needs and size of your group you can come up with a very tasty menu that is bound to please everyone in the group. Here are some ideas for what to serve:
- Antipasto Platter – Salami, variety of cheeses, olives, tomatoes and bread sticks or crackers. This can be prepared ahead of time. Use toothpicks and small plates to make it easy for guests to serve themselves.
- Caprese Kabobs– Slice fresh mozzarella (or use small rounds), use small tomatoes and fresh basil. Place each ingredient onto a toothpick or small skewer. This can also be made ahead of time.
- Grilled Lemon Chicken with Garlic Bread – Use chicken breasts, brush with lemon juice and zest, grill for 20 minutes or until cooked through. Use a bread of your choice, brush with fresh garlic and olive oil. Stick on the grill for about one minute on each side. Garnish with lemon wedges.
- Grilled Salmon – Create any kind of marinade you like (lemon pepper, honey soy, cilantro lime) and soak salmon in marinade for one hour. Put salmon filets on grill and grill until cooked through to your liking. Very simple, very healthy, very delicious.
- Grilled Peppers – use red, orange and yellow bell peppers, cut up and brush with olive oil, add salt and pepper. Throw on the grill for a few minutes and you have a delicious and healthy side dish.
- Pasta Salad – Cook elbow macaroni, add sliced black and green olives, slices of cheese, artichoke hearts, pepperoni slices, sliced red bell peppers into a bowl. Add some fresh cracked salt and pepper, toss with Italian dressing.
- Fresh Fruit Salad – Mix all of your favorite fruits in a bowl and serve.
- Vanilla Ice Cream with Fresh Herbs – Pineapple sage, chocolate mint and cinnamon basil are each a nice addition to any bowl of vanilla ice cream.
- Arnold Palmer – The combination of iced tea and lemonade is so refreshing on a summer evening.
- Wine – Choose your favorite wine to go with your summer dinner menu.
- Coffee or Cappuccino – A nice warm after dinner drink.
Now your menu is all planned and it’s time to think about decorating your outdoor space for a patio dinner party. Make sure your guests are comfortable and relaxed.
Patio Decorating Ideas
- Candles in the evening
- Tiki torches
- Decorated gourds from your garden
- Fresh potted plants and flowers
- Container garden
- Center pieces made out of fresh flowers and herbs
Do your guests need an activity? Here are a few ideas:
Getting together with friends doesn’t have to be expensive or extremely time consuming. There are easy options for entertaining this summer!
Have your friends over for a dinner party on your patio this summer and enjoy your outdoor space!